Saturday, July 23, 2005

Russell near Paihia

The longest distance that I have towed my boat was 370 km to Russell. On the way, I picked up a friend, Tsun Kong, in Auckland. A ferry runs from Opua to Russell. Boat and car cost $8/trip. There is room for about 20 cars. The waiting time is never more than 15 minutes; probably much less in the summer months, due to heavy traffic during the holiday period. The first night we slept in the boat. The second night we checked into a back packer for the hot showers! It was quite a nice cruise around Paihia harbour. I raised my Genoa (geniker) and it pulled the boat forward in very light winds!
Launching
on the ferry

1 comment:

NYMacMom w 3 said...

Very nice to see another fellow Sarawakian blogging. I came from Kuching but have live in Aust for nearly 13 years with some years in Malaysia. Beatiful scenes of NZ.