Saturday, July 18, 2009

Omokoroa

One small Kahawai for dinner
smoked chicken salad for lunch

cooking dinner

dawn

boat ramp
On the Omokoroa trip, my wife Christine came along to find out why I like cruising. I dropped anchor and we slept in sleeping bags. The wind on the second day was good, at 10 knots. I explored the northern end of the harbour. The water was barely deep enough for my trailer yacht at low tide. In some parts, I had to raise centre board completely for a while. It was fun and the boat does not heel so much with the keel up. In some parts the current was very strong and my boat was moving sideways like a crab.

1 comment:

Jerr Dunlap said...

What a wonderful life you've made for yourself! I'm going to forward your blog to a customer of mine with a Santana 22 we're making into a trailer cruiser, much like yours. Thanks for your blog!
- Jerr