Saturday, July 23, 2005

Lake Ngaroto



This was the first time I launched the Kestrel to check the integrity of the hull. The small 2 hp outboard engine is used mainly for parking and in case of emergency caused by unexpected equipment failure. It is adequate for moving the boat at 5 knots without using the sails. I am a member of the Ngaroto sailing club. In summer we usually hold a regatta on Sundays. There are other trailer yachts and many dinghy sailors.


*


Melissa on her Starling.


Alex on his catamaran, a Paper Tiger which he used for running circles around us during Sundays regattas at Ngaroto.

2 comments:

waisy said...

Hi David,
I'm wai, we shared an interesting conversation on the flight from kuantan to klia today, remember? I visited your blog. Very interesting!

David Chin said...

Thank you Wai for your visit and comment. I wish you the best!